Ten Facts About Belize
1. Belize is an extraordinarily beautiful country located in Central America. It is bordered on the east by the Caribbean Sea, on the north by Mexico, on the west and south by Guatemala.
2. Belize is very unique, since it is the only country in Latin America where English is the official language. You won’t have to worry about fumbling through foreign language books to order a cup of coffee.
3. Belize is a part of the British Commonwealth and enjoys a stable democracy. The government is fashioned after the British system.
4. Prior to the 1960’s, Belize was known as British Honduras. Belize gained independence in 1981.
5. It is relatively small country of approximately 8,900 sq miles.
6. With a population of about 300,000.
7. The people of Belize are a composition of Hispanic, Creole (African-European), Mayan, European, Garifuna (African-Indian), Middle Eastern, Asian, and Mestizo (mixed ancestry). Many Belizeans consider themselves Mestizo.
8. Although the official language is English, many speak Creole and Spanish, or a combination thereof in their daily lives.
9. Belizeans are by nature very friendly and hospitable.
10. Belize is the perfect destination for your next vacation! Visit www.FunInBelize.com/specials for our latest vacation packages!