Archive for the ‘About Belize’ Category
If you want to see the best of Belize then you’ll have to make a stop in San Pedro. Located on the Northern Cayes, Belize’s greatest tourism draw, it boasts quick acess to the Belize Barrier Reef and Hol Chan Marine Reserve.
Belize is a paradise for fisherman. Some people may think of fly fishing as a sport for mountain streams. They don’t realize that they can enjoy superb fly-fishing in the warm waters of ponds, lakes, and salt water.
Belize has a remarkable combination of environmental factors which create the ideal habitat for a multitude of saltwater game fish. It is home to the Belize Barrier Reef, second in size only to
Having arranged Belize vacations for thousands of clients over the years, we at Bob Jones’ Belize Holidays realize one of the most important aspects of our job is to insure our clients are well informed about every aspect of their Belize adventure, and know exactly what to expect once they arrive. Our knowledge and recommendations are freely given to each and every client and the springboard to make Belize vacation choices with certainty and confidence. We live Belize, so we truly know Belize.
If it’s a beaches you want, Belize has them! Home to miles and miles of beaches, Belize has some of the finest beaches in the world. With so many to offer, it is difficult to find a beach that is too crowded or congested. Most Belize hotels and resorts are located on a beach so it is only a matter a few feet to the water’s edge. It is difficult to compare all of the beaches Belize has to offer as they are all equally as beautiful, but here’s a list to help you decide which is best for you!
1. Belize is an extraordinarily beautiful country located in Central America. It is bordered on the east by the Caribbean Sea, on the north by Mexico, on the west and south by Guatemala.
2. Belize is very unique, since it is the only country in Latin America where English is the official language. You won’t have to worry about fumbling through foreign language books to order a cup of coffee.
3. Belize is a part of the British Commonwealth and enjoys a stable democracy. The government is fashioned after the British system.
4. Prior to the 1960’s, Belize was known as British Honduras. Belize gained independence in 1981.
5. It is relatively small country of approximately 8,900 sq miles.
Ambergris Caye – Belize’s most popular island.
The Belize Barrier Reef is just off shore of Ambergris Caye and provides the ultimate in Belize diving, snorkeling, and fishing. Ambergris Caye is a fantastic Belize vacation destination with great Belize hotels and resorts.
Ambergris Caye is the largest island (25 miles in length) with San Pedro Town on the southern tip of the island being the hub of activity. It is located only a half mile from the Belize Barrier Reef (the 2nd largest barrier reef in the world), which makes Ambergris Caye a prime destination for Belize diving, snorkeling, and fishing.