5 Beaches to Visit in Belize
If it’s a beaches you want, Belize has them! Home to miles and miles of beaches, Belize has some of the finest beaches in the world. With so many to offer, it is difficult to find a beach that is too crowded or congested. Most Belize hotels and resorts are located on a beach so it is only a matter a few feet to the water’s edge. It is difficult to compare all of the beaches Belize has to offer as they are all equally as beautiful, but here’s a list to help you decide which is best for you!
- Ambergris Caye and San Pedro – This is Belize’s most popular island. The Belize Barrier Reef is just off shore and provides the ultimate experience in diving, snorkeling, and fishing. Ambergris Caye is a fantastic Belize vacation destination with great Belize hotels and resorts.
- Hopkins – Stann Creek – Hopkins is on the coast and has great diving, snorkeling, sea kayaking, and fishing as well. However, since it is on the mainland, it is an easy trip to major attractions such as Maya Ruins and river/jungle tours. Hopkins is also a Garifuna village which adds a fascinating cultural experience to your trip!
- Placencia Peninsula – The peninsula has the longest uninterrupted beach in Belize, stretching for over 17 miles. This pristine beach is truly magnificent with swaying coconut palms reaching out to the warm blue waters of the Caribbean.
- Secluded Belize Islands – Belize offers a truly exciting and unique experience on secluded Caribbean islands. Blessed with the largest barrier reef in the Western Hemisphere, there are many islands and atolls dispersed throughout the eco-system. Private and secluded resorts that offer a great deal for everyone seeking a truly unique Belize experience are available for romantic honeymoons or getaways. Secluded islands are also excellent world class diving and snorkeling, sport fishing, or just relaxing in paradise.
- Charter Live-Aboard Fleet – A fantastic live-aboard charter boat is the perfect way to experience world class diving on the world renowned Belize Barrier Reef. Explore the beautiful Caribbean of exciting Belize on board a modern yacht that is equipped to provide comfort, excitement and some of the best diving in the world.